Today consisted of two main events: watching the Les Misérables film and going to work.
Work was this evening, but I shall talk about that first. The children finally got to have a mini dress rehearsal; they didn’t go through the whole thing, but they got to wear their costumes. They all seem reasonably happy.
Back to Les Mis. Now…I had heard very good things about this movie, but I had my reservations. I had never been hugely keen to go and see the stage show, admittedly, but wanted to see the film anyway. On the whole, I enjoyed it, but I was not blown away and did not cry as much as I had heard some people did.
A few things that I feel about it are:
– Russell Crowe was not as bad as people are saying. His solo song is one of the ones I liked the most.
– Anne Hathaway has an amazing voice.
– I don’t get the whole thing with Eddie Redmayne…
– Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter were great – I laughed each time their characters were on screen.
– Hugh Jackman’s voice disappointed me a little, I thought he was quite nasal – until the end scenes where he is weak and so singing with less ‘gusto’.
– It felt bloomin’ long.
Overall, I did like it. Maybe not enough to buy the DVD, but enough not to regret going.
While I was in town, Jenn and I went in to HMV. I seem to automatically head towards the Doctor Who DVDs and this time I came up trumps! The Complete First Series box set for £20. Scoorrrreee!
That’s it, for today. See you tomorrow!