London Trip.

I got my camera back today, thankfully! I’ve missed it since Tuesday. Here is a blog of some of my pictures – touristy and otherwise.

I travelled down on Friday evening with my friend Jenn, it took freaking ages on the London Midland line! Only used that line because there was an offer – never again.

The train arrived at Euston at about 22:21 and Helen met me to escort me back to her house. The first picture I took was while we were waiting at London Bridge.

London Bridge

Saturday: Helen and I went to the Palace Theatre early in the morning, to day seat for Singin’ In The Rain tickets. That evening was the cast’s final night, which was the basis of my whole trip. We wandering around most of the day, between getting our tickets and the show. We went to Wapping, which is rather nice – it even has a little beach.

Photo 16-02-2013 14 09 07

Photo 16-02-2013 14 20 58

Photo 16-02-2013 14 32 41

Photo 16-02-2013 14 53 42

Photo 16-02-2013 16 49 07

We had dinner in the Dickens Inn at St Katharine Docks and went on the DLR to Canary Wharf. It was quite a cold day, but nice walking around.


Sunday: Helen was feeling rough, so we stayed in all day. We’d thought about going to watch the What’s On Stage Awards, but we watched the online stream instead – what a load of rubbish it was. So glad I wasn’t there.

Monday: Another day of mostly wandering. We heading in fairly early to watch Helen’s sister perform a short ballet in a small art museum (the dance had the same theme as the pictures in one of the rooms). In the early afternoon we went on Boris Bikes, for an hour, around Hyde Park and up Pall Mall. That was a lot of fun, I hadn’t ridden a bike properly for a long time – really enjoyed it. We then walked around by the Houses of Parliament and sat on a bench on the opposite side of the Thames, to pass some time. We had hoped to meet with another friend in the evening, but that didn’t come off as he was feeling unwell. Eventually we decided to go back to Helen’s and watch more episodes of Supernatural.





I went home again early on Tuesday afternoon, taking with me a lovely cold (which is still going strong – I feel rotten) and leaving my camera!


See you soon!

Comments are closed.